the perfect accompaniment to stir fried veg, rice & tofu, full of protein and healthy fats, this sauce will fast become a regular favourite.
not only is this sauce quick and easy to make, but the joy is you can make it to exactly suit your taste, increasing the garlic (I usually add loads), or chilli depending on your palate.
ingredients (feeds two):
2 tablespoons smooth or crunch peanut butter
½ chilli pepper
1 tablespoon cumin powder
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2-3 cloves garlic
- finely chop the garlic & fresh chilli, and fry it in a little bit of the peanut butter for 1-2 minutes
- add the rest of the peanut butter and let it melt
- once melted, add the lemon juice. the mixture will suddenly thicken – keep stirring!
- add some tap water (enough to loosen up the mixture so it becomes quite watery – I usually start with 250ml and add more if required)
- add the cumin & soy sauce
- simmer the sauce until it begins to thicken, stirring regularly as it gets thicker. simmer for about 10 minutes.
- add more water if you want the sauce a bit thinner, but I like mine thick!
- pour over stir fried veggies, tofu and rice, and serve. add a little siracha if you like!